Mission, Vision & Values
St. Mary Medical Center is sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word out of Houston, Texas. The Mission of the Sisters affirms the dignity of the human person and the sacredness of all life. We exist to foster the healing ministry of the Jesus Christ and to minister to the needs of all people.
In a spirit of collaboration among our healthcare facilities, physicians, other affiliated groups, and community organizations who support Judeo-Christian values, we will:
- Deliver compassionate, high quality, affordable health services
- Provide direct services to the poor and advocate on their behalf
- Create partnerships that improve community health.
As Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, in partnership with others, we participate in the tradition of Bishop Claude DeBois to seek to relieve misery and to address its causes either through direct service or indirectly through influence and to strengthen the mission of the Church in the world.
- In the healing ministry of the Church as an essential part of the Church's mission in contemporary society;
- In the sacredness of all life, and therefore in the dignity of the human person and the promotion of human wholeness;
- In a spirit of mercy that cares for the suffering and the dying;
- In a spirit of hospitality that welcomes all in need;
- In the rights of all persons to quality health care and our responsibility to act as advocates for the poor and those with special needs;
- In the stewardship of resources for the enhancement of human life;
- In a climate of mutual support, compassion, care and justice for those serving within our institutions;
- In collaboration with others who support Judeo-Christian values in developing a creative response to need;
- In the values and principles of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Ministry.