Getting to the Heart of the Matter
Call Us Today For Your $50 "Love Your Heart" Check-Up!
Includes EKG, peripheral arterial disease, cholesterol, and glucose screenings; diet & exercise consultation; and assessment by a nurse practitioner and cardiologist as indicated. Call (562) 491-9588 today!
Heart Care: We're Here for You
Heart disease is the nation's number one killer, an equal threat to men and women, a statistic that St. Mary is addressing. If you've been diagnosed with heart disease, it is essential that you take action. Even if you haven't, you need to understand the risks and take preventive care.
A Crucial Diagnostic Advantage
Identifying your heart concerns is crucial. St. Mary's all-digital cardiovascular imaging system advances conventional x-ray imaging to the next level.
Interventional Techniques that Save Lives
At St. Mary every patient's treatment is unique and based on individual diagnosis. Our expert cardiac team works closely with you to determine the best course of action, using a minimally invasive treatment wherever possible to reduce risk and speed recovery. The latest techniques are performed in the hospital's catheterization lab.
- RF Ablation
- Internal Cardiac Defibrillator ( ICD)
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
Cardiac Surgical Procedures
St. Mary offers the full continuum of heart care, including surgical procedures when catheterization alternatives are not enough. We offer a variety of treatment techniques and technologies.
- Complex Aortic Aneurysm
- Maze Surgery
- Implanted cardiac Defibrillator
- Pacemaker Implants
- Cardiac Tumor Surgical removal
- Carotid Endarterectomy Surgery
- Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft ( CABG )
- Off pump CABG
- Minimally Invasive CABG
- Heart Valve replacement
- Complex Valve repair Surgery
- Left Ventricular Reconstruction
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
Less Invasive Surgical Alternatives
Minimally invasive procedures are an alternative and benefits include a smaller incision, shorter hospital stays, reduced pain and greater mobility after surgery.
The Cardiac Care Center can be reached at (562) 491-9015.
Women's Heart Center
The Women's Heart Center is set in a beautiful spa-like environment and offers modern cardiology equipment, testing, preventative education and treatment strategies. For more information, please call (562) 491-9588.
Education Programs: Ongoing seminars and wellness sessions focused on heart care and disease prevention.
Rehabilitation: Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Center is staffed by health care professionals to help you regain your heart health. Please call, (562) 491-9018.
Respiratory Care/Pulmonary services: 24 hours day/7 days per week.
- Services range from providing inhalation of medications for treatment of lung disease, to the management of mechanical ventilation equipment for life support, pulmonary function testing and bronchoscopy procedures.
- Complete pulmonary function testing via body plethymography, evaluation of functional exercise capacity in patients with severe heart and lung disease, and testing for patients with asthma and chronic lung disease.
- Bronchoscopies are performed by Board Certified Pulmonologists in the Endoscopy Lab. Video bronchscopy equipment allows the physician to visually inspect the air passages of the lungs and take specimens. Bronchoscopies are performed on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Outpatients must arrive at least 1 hour prior to their test to register in the Admitting Department .The Pulmonary Function Lab is located on the first floor of the hospital in the Cardiopulmonary Department. Outpatient testing is available Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Appointments are made by the physician's office or by the patient by calling (562) 491-9915.
A complete test will take about 1 hour. Patients are asked to not take any prescription breathing medications (inhalers) and to avoid caffeine at least 6 hours before the test. Outpatients are referred for bronchoscopies by a pulmonologist and are performed in the Endoscopy Department, located on the first floor off the main lobby. A nurse will call the day before the procedure to give any special instructions.
Please contact us by email for more information.